Washington Women's Foundation Leadership Institute Fall 2016: Leading Greatly
WWF's new Leadership Institute will provide a “deep dive” into leadership training in the style of WWF’s hallmark grant making curriculum – with hands-on, cohort-based, experiential learning. You will engage in interactive discussions and build relationships with a small group of other WWF members while developing a practical, actionable plan to advance your leadership.
About WWF's Leadership Institute: Daring leaders choose courage over comfort, what is right over what is fast or easy, and practice their values over professing them. Brave leaders know that living our most authentic lives will bring about more successful leading in our professional lives. The curriculum is based on Dr. Brene Brown’s research and books Daring Greatly, The Gifts of Imperfection and Rising Strong. Click here to see Brene Brown's TED Talk "The Power of Vulnerability." Participants will work on connection, courage, vulnerability and what it takes to live a “wholehearted life” as a leader, parent, friend and person in the world.
Facilitator: Janet Boguch, longtime WWF member, is the dynamic principal/owner of Wide Angle Coaching and Non-Profit Works and is an ICF/PCC certified professional coach. She is also a Brene Brown/Daring Way Certified Facilitator. Since 1988 Janet has carried out her mission of connecting people, sparking ideas and inspiring change through consultation, coaching, facilitation and training.
We are very grateful to our corporate partner Ascent Private Capital Management of U.S. Bank for helping underwrite the cost of WWF's first Leadership Institute.
Here's more important information about registration:
- Participation is limited to 12 WWF members in order to build deeper connections and promote confidentiality, collegiality and support.
- Registration will open on Monday, August 8 at 9:00 a.m. The first 12 members to sign up will be accepted, and additional sign-ups will be added to a waitlist. (Because of the limited availability, only WWF members are eligible to participate)
- Cost to participate: $150 ($25 per session).
- Participants must commit to attend all 6 meetings below.
Meeting Dates: All meetings will be hosted at Janet Boguch’s homey office on Capitol Hill (1802 East Prospect, Seattle, WA 98112) with easy, free parking!
- October 19, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- October 26, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- November 2, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- November 16, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. [No meeting November 9 – Discovery Days]
- November 30, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. [No meeting November 23 – Thanksgiving]
- December 7, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Can't make the time commitment of the Leadership Institute? Sign up for any of our 3 our "Leadership On the Go" workshops this fall to boost your leadership!